5.22.2012

Welcome back!

Wow!  It's been a while since I posted.  I've fallen into the habit of just posting on Facebook because it's so convenient.  So, I thought I'd go through my Facebook posts and see if there is anything worth posting here.

First subject -- Poetry!

Though I read a lot of poetry to my boys, I wanted something poetry-related for them to complete independently. Essentially, they read a poem a day, then they answer a few multiple-choice questions for comprehension, then they focus on some poetry elements. Though Evan Moor offers other grade levels, this is the book we are using.

Here are some samples from two different grade levels:

I Hear America Singing
Grass

2 comments:

Michele said...

I've missed your blog posts! I still visit your blog regularly for your resources. I have been thinking about ordering the beta version of poetry for the grammar stage by memoria Press for dd8. It is recommended for 3rd grade and up, so younger than your boys. I'll check your recommendation out too. Thanks!

Dawn said...

Thank you so much! Really, this just tests their comprehension and helps with other facets of poetry. Most important, I think, is reading and listening to poetry. :) We are reading a compilation of Edward Lear poems right now. The boys love him!