8.31.2011

Third day down -- Post # 2

Quickly, I'd like to share some books we read or began reading today.

History
First, we read our third book in the "Adventures in Colonial America" series, Seventh & Walnut and I just loved it! It was so much fun to read aloud, and it was so informative yet enjoyable.  The entire story is told from the perspective of the city's night watchman or town crier.


Art Appreciation -- Impressionism
Continuing with out introduction to Impressionism, I read Charlotte in Paris which is set up like a series of diary entries complete with watercolor paintings and scrapbook memorabilia.  Many French words are introduced along with French culture.


Literature Read Aloud
I am delighted we began Chitty Chitty Bang Bang -- the original book by Ian Fleming.  We only read one chapter (I'll read more tonight at bedtime), but so far, we are thrilled with it.  As is customary with books made into films, it is already astonishingly different!  Now, I do love the movie (which is not usually the case with these things), but I cannot wait to see where the author takes us!


No comments: