2.04.2011

Valentine's Day Decor

This is the first year we've decorated for Valentine's Day.  It's not that the holiday is incredibly important to me, but I was taking down the Christmas display the other day and realized I would miss having a holiday display on the entertainment center.  So, I bought a few items on sale from A. C. Moore and Michaels and made some framed art with my Silhouette SD.


Not wanting to spend too much, I was pleased to be able to use the same table runner from Christmas (purchased at Target), the two glass globes which had held a Christmas candle and sugared faux pears, and the two tea candle holders.

I filled the one with a candle and tied hearts ribbon around it.  The ribbon was bought from Michaels this week at 50% off.  I bought a laminated hearts garland from A. C. Moore for $3.59 with a 40% off coupon, cut the hearts from the garland and placed them in the glass globe.  I cut two strips of dotted blue cardstock and taped them to the tea candle holders.

I bought four inexpensive black frames from Michaels for $3.74 each (I used a 25% off all frames coupon).  Though they are not real wood, I like that they are made from recycled materials and are light-weight.

To decorate three of them, I printed shapes with my Silhouette SD.

The ceramic dish was bought last week at Michaels for 99 cents.
I'm now on the lookout for some cinnamon heart candy to fill it.



I got the inspiration for the punched hearts frame from Ali Edwards.

I found a remnant of "love love love" fabric at Hancocks when I was buying trim for the lamp shade.  It was perfect as a background for this owl.

and_the_greatest_of_these_is_love_phrase_C00806_22157

 be_mine_phrase_C00830_20509

flourish_heart_2_C00841_20509

banner_hearts_C00834_20509

heart_owl_C00850_20509


I already had this bucket but filled it with dollar roses from Michaels.


I bought this cute wreath from A. C. Moore for $8.99.  It was missing a rose, so I tied a ribbon in its place.


Finally, I bought this rose pot for $4.19 at A. C. Moore and tied the rest of the ribbon around it.  It sits on the floor next to the entertainment center.

No comments: