4.20.2010

Five Pounds Down!

I have added Jillian Michaels workout DVDs to my routine, and there's such a difference!  I started with the 20-minute 30-Day Shred, but I wanted a more complete weight regime every other day, so I bought the No More Trouble Zones (40 minutes).  It indeed tones the entire body.  I am amazed at how much my muscles have already changed.  I feel positively exhilerated when I finish!

Warning: I am not able to do the lunges (neither front nor side) because it bothers my knees.  I would be very careful with these.  I am working on making my knees stronger, but I think it is more of a cartilage issue.

PS -- You can buy these at Target and Amazon for $9.00.  You will need hand-weights.  She (and her models) use 3-pound, but I use anywhere from 4-pound to 10 pound (for bicep curls).

3 comments:

Nicole K/GothamGal said...

Congrats, and thanks for the tip. I will check it out!

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Congratulations! And thanks for the review. Does it pump you up or calm you down? I am looking for something to do in the evenings. Have you tried anything that may work for a good workout, but nothing that will pump you up too much?

Blessings,

Val

nestof3 said...

I really enjoy doing it in the evening. I don't notice it pumping me up. I don't do the lunges and deep squats b/c of my knees. It's not as cardio as her other workouts b/c of my modification. I think any cardio will pump you up some, so I think you should focus on only strength-training or pilates/yoga at night.