1.22.2010

Happy Birthday Card


I had a blast making this birthday card!

Image stamp is Paper Trey Ink's 'Turning a New Leaf.' Background stamp is Stampin Up's 'French Script.'

The sentiment stamp is actually a mix of two Studio G stamps -- a wooden one and a clear one. I love the label on the new wooden stamp (as pictured), but I wanted the sentiment to be 'Happy Birthday,' so I inked the label portion of the one stamp, stamped the cardstock and trimmed. I then masked another Studio G stamp (a clear one) that had the sentiment surrounded by flourishes (which I didn't want). I masked with simple scotch tape). I then stamped the sentiment onto the cut-out label.

I sewed the lace on and covered up messy sewing with a strip of patterned paper. I raised some of the leaves and the sentiment with foam squares (pop dots).

Trim, jute, button, pearls and scrap paper are all from my stash. Cardstock base is Paper Trey Ink's 'Aqua Mist."

2 comments:

Rachel and Sarah said...

Awwww! That card is so cute Mrs. Keckley! Hope you have a great weekend! Maybe we'll see you at church! -Rachel

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

Adorable! By the way who won the owl stamp? Just curious since Jan 26 is over. Thanks!