4.26.2009

Thank You for Making My Birthday Special

John took Aaron and the boys to the meeting while I stayed home. I rode my bike, made a card and relaxed.

My husband cooked hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill served with beans, potato salad, cole slaw, chips, watermelon, and cantaloupe -- a fun "unhealthy" day of eating. LOL He baked and decorated a cake and hung star balloons in the kitchen. He bought these really pretty party plates and cups to make the table pretty. Aaron picked up the ice cream and soda.

We ate on the picnic table outside enjoying the blooming azaleas, salvia, centaurea montana, candytuft and phlox.

I think John is worn out from all of the shopping and cooking.

Aaron made me a card with my stamping stuff (you can see it below). Ben made me a pretty placemat with stamps.

John gave me a card titled, "To my friend," in reference to the movie John Adams we just watched and wrote "if I were president, I would seek your counsel." This made me cry.

John bought me some stamps I had asked for (Hero Arts, Cornish Heritage Farm and Verve), and the boys picked me out some stamps from A C Moore. Aaron gave me a funny plaque for the kitchen that says "Good Morning, Let the Stress Begin." My parents gave me gift cards to Michaels and A C Moore and a gorgeous floral bouquet.

It was a very special day. I felt like a queen. I am very blessed.

PS -- My brother called to wish me a Happy Birthday tonight, and I in turn wished him a Happy Anniversary. Yesterday, I received a lovely card from my sister-in-law, Karen and a card with a monetary gift from my in-laws. I even had a few Facebook birthday wishes. :)

1 comment:

Val in the Rose Garden said...

What a sweet birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! Glad you had a wonderful day. :)

Val