11.24.2008

What was I thinking?

Please tell me what possessed me to buy so much patterned ribbon? Sure, it's cute, but I never reach for it! Ribbon is usually the last thing I add to a card, so I'm usually reaching for a solid color or perhaps gingham or polka dot.

Last night, I challenged myself to use up some of that ribbon! The first card I made used only a portion of a roll, but the set of pink and red cards used up the rest of a roll.

Lesson learned. No more buying of patterned ribbon!

This card was difficult to do, as I had a hard time choosing the color scheme and what stamp would coordinate. I chose a set of A Muse stamps. Both were from A. C. Moore -- the image was 40% off and the sentiment was clearanced for $2.00. I also used my Nestabilities.


These cards were all made with Stampin Up! "A Light Heart" set and one Studio G dollar acrylic set ("Now and Forever"). Sometimes I like making little cards for those around-the-house sort of card-givings.

No comments: