8.29.2007

An Incredible Site -- All About Lapbooking

I just adore lapbooks! I attended a lapbooking workshop hosted by Tammy of Tobin's Lab (http://www.tobinslab.com/) at a HEAV conference a few years ago. It was a blast! The concept is a natural extension of scrapbooking, so perhaps that's why I am so drawn to it. If you ever have an opportunity to take a class led by her, do it! I still have the lapbook we made in her class. They offer many resources for lapbooking including Tammy's own creations and also the ever-so-popular Dinah Zike's resources.

I confess, I have not made lapbooks with the boys yet, but I plan to do a couple this year. I think it will work perfectly with the invertebrate study we are doing. I may, alternatively, buy one of those large cardboard project displays that the craft store sells and we can each contribute to that. It's the same concept, though it will look more like a science fair display. We could create a separate lapbook for each group of invertebrates we study and affix them to the project board!

Well, on to this great website that someone on the Well Trained Mind forum posted (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/). There is a YouTube video on here that explains it all, a ton of links to help you out, and many samples. So grab a cup of coffee and take a look -- a long look!

http://www.squidoo.com/lapbooking/

1 comment:

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

We have 2 boys (5 years & 18 months)and 1 on the way. Our oldest is in Kindergarten this year, so it is our first year of homeschooling. I did a search on lapbooks for boys on Google and your blog came up. I noticed that you just started it. I hope you keep it up, as you have some great info & since your boys are a little older, it will be nice to see how things have worked for you.